Glossary of Worlds
Mandress. Member of the Inner Provinces where Harla Branno once served as Ambassador.
Mars. Small planet in orbit about the star Sol.
- Diameter: 6,794 km.
- Distance from Sol: 228,000,000 km.
- Year: 1.88 galactic standard years
- Mass: 6.6 x 1019 tons
- Surface temp: 140 to 293oK
Melpomenia. Nineteenth Spacer world settled.
Places of Interest
- Hall of the Worlds. Ornamental structure containing the locations of all 50 Spacer worlds.
Mercury. Planet closest to the star Sol and planetary neighbour to Earth.
- Diameter: 4,800 km.
- Distance from Sol: 58,000,000 km.
- Year: 0.24 galactic standard years
- Mass: 3.3 x 1020 tons
- Surface temp: 93 to 703oK
Mnemon. Member of the Independent Trading Worlds.
Moon. Large natural satellite of Earth
- Diameter: 3,400 km.
- Distance from Earth: 384,000 km.
- Orbital period: 27 galactic standard days
- Mass: 7.2 x 1019 tons
- Surface temp: 250oK
- Gravity: 0.15g
Mores. Completed a commercial treaty with the Foundation in 300FE.
Neotrantor. Two parsecs from Trantor. Renamed from Delicass after the Great Sack. Became the seat of the last Dynasty of Galactic Emperors.
Nephelos. World in the Nebular Kingdoms orbiting a star of spectral class G-2 and home of the Rancher of Widemos and Biron Farrill.
Places of interest
- Widemos. The largest ranch on Nephelos.
- Widemos Hall. Home of the Rancher of Widemos.
Neptune. Large (49,000km) in orbit about the star Sol. Discovered by Johann Galle in 1846AD
- Diameter: 50,540 km.
- Distance from Sol: 4,500,000,000 km.
- Year: 165 galactic standard years
- Mass: 6.6 x 1020 tons
- Surface temp: 59oK
New Earth. See Alpha.
Nexon. Spacer world only 2 parsecs from Solaria. Together with Solaria they formed the closest pair of inhabited worlds in Spacer times.
Nishaya. World famous for its goat herding and high quality cheeses. Part of the pre-Imperial Kingdom of Trantor.
Ophiuchus. Barbarous world once thought to have developed before interstellar travel.
Orsha II. Capital of the Normannic Sector of the old Empire. Twenty parsecs from Siwenna.
Planet V, (Gamma Andromeda). Scene of a catastrophic accident resulting in the deaths of several million people and laying waste to at least half the planet. The accident was caused by inferior repairs and replacement parts made to a nuclear power plant.
Pluema. Sub-prefect of Anacreon.
Pluto. Small planet in orbit about the planet Sol. Discovered by Claude Tombaugh in 1930AD.
- Diameter: 2,300 km.
- Distance from Sol: 5,900,000,000 km.
- Year: 248 galactic standard years
- Mass: 1.5 x 1019 tons
- Surface temp: 53oK
|Copyright ©1997-9 Mike Carlin||Last Modified:|